Cleanse, Exfoliate and Brighten. Naturally.
As I described in Red Carpet Green Beauty, I was shocked to learn that this line was natural and non-toxic. The products perform and feel like conventional prestige skincare, with the same great slip and elegant formulas. Not so shocking, however, when you realize they had to rival the best non-green brands: Tracie Martyn skin care and its eponymous salon in Manhattan cater to those who are constantly in the spotlight. When your face is your biggest asset, you don’t entrust just anyone with it. Actors, models, designers and anyone who’s in the business of looking beautiful or making people beautiful make up a good portion of Tracie Martyn’s client base.
How It Works
Lately, oil-based cleansers have been my thing. I love how they leave my skin soft and hydrated and never dry or stripped. But I’ve been so impressed by the Tracie Martyn products that I decided to stray and give this foaming cleanser a try.
If you're someone who needs her cleanser to lather and doesn't feel like your face is clean without some good foaming action, this is the cleanser for you. It gives you that squeaky-clean feeling when you rinse off, without the drying effect of other foaming cleansers. The formula is a honey-colored gel that’s scented with essential oils (no synthetic fragrance here). The scent is fresh, slightly citrusy and a little medicinal - in a good way. You add 2-3 pumps to the palm of your hand, mix with a little warm water and rub your hands together to create a soft lather. Massage over your face and neck and rinse thoroughly with water.
Why I Love the Ingredients
You know how smooth your skin feels after using an exfoliant? That’s exactly how my skin feels after using this cleanser: bright, refined and baby-soft. Which is amazing because there are no granular beads in the Amla Purifying Cleanser. So what’s in it?
- The exfoliating action comes from the combination of salicylic, lactic and malic acids, and papaya enzymes. It's a gentle exfoliation that doesn’t cause any redness or irritation.
- A blend of essential oils, together with the salicylic acid, provide antibacterial protection and prevent breakouts.
- The star ingredient is amla fruit extract (also known as Indian gooseberry). Amla fruit is prized in Ayurvedic medicine for its regenerative properties, and it's a Vitamin C powerhouse - almost 20 times the amount found in oranges.
- Amla extract is also rich in other skin-beneficial antioxidants - polyphenols. Lots of them. The polyphenols and high Vitamin C content help repair and brighten the skin.
- Does not contain: synthetic emulsifiers, synthetic preservatives, dyes, synthetic fragrance, sulfates, parabens or mineral oil.
- Not tested on animals.
The Amla Purifying Cleanser removes my makeup easily and leaves my skin feeling clean, but not tight or itchy. It cleans out my pores and actually makes them look smaller. My skin looks more even-toned and brighter. I've never seen such immediate results from a cleanser - makes my other cleansers seem lazy by comparison.
Keu’s tip: leave it on for a minute or two after massaging onto your skin. With so many skin-loving ingredients packed into its gold-capped bottle, and the addictive scent, you'll want to luxuriate in it for as long as you can.
50g / 1.69 Fl oz (US $65.00)
Keu readers receive a special 15% discount with code KEU15.
Click here to purchase Tracie Martyn Skin Care products and enter KEU15 at checkout.